As an Italian-American immigrant and expatriate with extensive training in Social Work and Psychotherapy, as well as over 20 years in the Corporate world, I bring a lot of life experience to my work as a psychotherapist.
Living in the Midwest, Europe, China, and working in Africa has given me a deep understanding of cultural and ethnic diversity.
I worked in therapy with many individuals who immigrated to the United States from all over the globe, including Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
Each person has a distinctive experience of the process of coming to this Country, whether that is permanent or for a period of time.
I can help you with:
- Assimilating, and making a new home here
- Adjusting to the American culture, economy, and society
- Cultural differences
- Workplace and the Corporate world
- Understanding the political system
The emotional and life impact of navigating the immigration system:
- Legal immigration
- Access to resources
- Applying and waiting for a Green Card, or being on an H1B visa
- Emotional and financial hardship
- Feeling isolated and lonely
- Dating and romantic relationships with Americans
- Making friends
Psychotherapy | New York City | 10016